OK what is going on?

OK what is going on?

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm

What happened to WindowMan, and the rest o fthe guys :?:
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: OK what is going on?

Postby keepitreal » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Apparently the Board got overloaded with spam...Brian tried to remove it...but instead decided just to start over.....at least that's what I got out of it.

All will have to re-register... and then we can start the fun all over again !! :lol:
Tax and Spend I can understand. I can even understand Borrow and Spend. But Borrow and give Billionaires tax cuts? That I have a problem with.
keepitreal

Postby brian » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 am

That's pretty much it- the problem was that there were so many spam registrations (over 100,000) that the board software was overwhelmed. I was able to get rid of a lot of them using SQL, but something went wrong and the whole installation got trashed. The forum has been moved to a different server, with updated software that has better spam protection. The spam protection seems to work well against bots- there haven't been any automated registrations since I installed it, whereas I was getting several dozen new spam registrations per hour on the old board. (They're still out there though- when I logged in the index page showed 20 "guests" online- probably bots attempting to register).

The anti-spambot protection won't prevent human spammers from signing up and attempting to post, but that's a more manageable problem. Hopefully.
brian
Site Admin

Postby vetclerk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Is this what Noah had to go through. Starting all over again
vetclerk

Postby ucanit » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:19 pm

brian said, "...but something went wrong and the whole installation got trashed."

That "something" wasn't temper was it, Brian? :lol:
ucanit

Return to Postal