Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 am

I just got back from a visit to Oklahoma. Visited my ex in Arkansas, and a really good BBQ steak. Headed to Oklahoma from there and got my AR-15 tuned up by my buddy there, and BBQ burgers, with him and another postal friend. Next was onto OKC and my friend from the Tax Commission and Lasagna that night - we sat there and talked for 2.5 hours about everything. Next night it was 2 other friends from the Tax Commission, and burgers, and again we talked for 2.5 hours. I left on Friday at 5:30 AM hoping to get a jump on traffic. 30 minutes on the road and I get a flat tire on my rental car, and had to call their road service because it was too dark to see anything. 1/2 hour and they canged my tire and sent me to Enterprise to get a new car. They did not have a car so they sent me to a tire place to get the tire fixed. Before they will fix the tire they have to get approved by Enterprise, another 1/2 hour wait for approval - the tire can't be fixed so another 1/2 hour wait for approval of a new tire. 4.5 hours after my 'early start and I am finally on the road again.
Memphis is where I fell in love.I was hopelessly lost in Memphis searching for I-22 and then she came into my life like an angel. I discovered Apple Maps, and my Angel of Mercy led me out of Memphis. The rest of the way was easy.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: Oklahoma

Postby vetclerk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:41 am

well,I'm heading to dallas to see my son and granddaughter.
because another storm heading at me. So I can combine an evacuation with a visit . wish these hurricanes would stay out of the Gulf :(
vetclerk

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 pm

vetclerk, there are still a lot of storms forming. Safe travels. :D
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
DazedandConfused

Postby DazedandConfused » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

My route coming home Monday was exactly the path of Hurricane Sally. :D
Last edited by DazedandConfused on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Dazed,

You knowed, I had a funny feeling you had gone to Oklahoma, and that ain't no damn lie. Do you see how smart I am?

Listen, the topic of importance is what you ate... B-B-Q. That'll draw DDeath back in here, especially if he smells it! :lol:

VetClerk: I remember the Gulf area well. Long story short, I was assigned to work with the Air Force in a number of joint missions during my USMC career. I had a few visits to Keesler AFB in Mississippi, and I sure heard about a number of storms that the area had seen over the years. Hot and humid as Hell too... Why in the Hell don't you get your arse outta that Gulf swamp hole and move up to Chicago Land? I betcha DDeath would sponsor you as an immigrant! :lol:

Dazed: Is that an Apple smart phone you got? I got me a simple LG Android, and I'm jest fine. Go read a gotdamn map, and take your compass. Them NAV systems ain't nearly as smart as you doin' your own map calculations. What's this gotdamn world coming to?

Off story... I'm think'en I heard that the Biden-Trump debates start on September 29th. I can't imagine how the Dems are gonna handle this one. All of us should head up to DDeath's home to watch this entertainment on his big screen TV! That old fart owes me several dozen boxes of cherry pastries.

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:04 am

WestTx, this was the first time I used Apple Maps. My Rand McNally shows I-22 running right into I-40. That is how I got lost. I-22 is the main road connecting Memphis and Birmingham, but there was not one damn sign on I-40. I turned on Apple Maps and this sweet young thing leads me to the promised land. I never want to travel without my Apple Maps. :D Little Rock is the easiest city to drive through.

After talking to the ex again we might just both move back to Oklahoma, and live together again.
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:44 pm

DazedandConfused wrote:... After talking to the ex again we might just both move back to Oklahoma, and live together again.

Dazed,

That's real good news, and I sincerely mean that! --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTIERquza6Q

DDeath and I will handle the wedding reception food preparations. We can usher too!

Listen! Wedding Bells on the Horizon! Damn!

Would you like me to sing? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEwcMvcWKgk

:shock: :D :lol:

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Hold your horses. Nobody is getting married. We lived together my last year and a half in Oklahoma. :roll:

This song has much more meaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmwApZaMNe0

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmwApZaMNe0

If only they could bottle that feeling. :( I have known her for over 50 years, and we are great friends, but you just can't recapture that feeling.
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Dazed,

Capturing Tony Bennett twice ain't too bad! No need to fret, just make the jump again.

The instrumental by Percy Faith doesn't get any better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7VIMIcCXk

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm

WestTX wrote:Dazed,

Capturing Tony Bennett twice ain't too bad! No need to fret, just make the jump again.

The instrumental by Percy Faith doesn't get any better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7VIMIcCXk

WestTX

OK TX you caught me again. here was the 2nd song I intended to post. I think you'll like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVWEeOLBc0o
DazedandConfused

Next

Return to Politics