Saving 4 Retirement

Saving 4 Retirement

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/are-you-s ... ment-.html

I know, I know, I have retired once, and in one more year I am eligible for a 2nd retirement. I am 64, and I figure the max I would work would be 70.5 when MRDs kick in. I save 1825/month, and that should allow me to withdraw 3k/mo until I am too old to give a shit. Most of you know I am not your average 64 yr old, and I have a penchant for the finer things in life. I am kind of of gambling that I will live long enough and be active enough to enjoy this savings. Old people bore the shit out of me. I don't give a flip about politics except how it effects my pocketbook. I don't want to see pictures of anybodies grandchildren or their frigging dog. Many have said I should just retire and enjoy life, but if that means coiling up and doing what people my age do, then I will pass. Work was hopping Friday and I was alive. Health is everything. If my health were to decline I would stop all savings and just party until I die. :!:

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: Saving 4 Retirement

Postby ucanit » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 pm

So....let me do some figuring here. I'm guessing this 3 grand a month is on top of your CSRS (which is about another 3 grand a month) AND your SSI (another couple of hundred per month)...and we haven't even discussed what you're doing with your USPS TSP. I'm guessing you haven't done anything with that TSP yet and you're waiting until you have to do MRDs on that along with your 403b, which could be upwards of another couple of grand each month. Am I getting pretty close yet, Dazed?

You're going to wind up in the same damned situation that I'm in! What the hell does a 70-year-old single man do with $100K per year income?? I can tell you, Buddy...we enjoy spending all that money and we pay a hell of a lot of taxes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ucanit

Re: Saving 4 Retirement

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Actually I rolled the TSP into my 457b.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Return to Financial