More gutting of the Postal Service service standards..

More gutting of the Postal Service service standards..

Postby WindowMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:10 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

Our PMG is real ignorant to say the least of what this does to the mailers or customers who use us to do business. This guy might as well proclaim that he wants the Postal Service privatized. All of the cuts to service, employees who move the mail or take in the revenue at the counter is on a course to make the Postal Service a unwanted choice for consumers. As always most decisions like this are done "before" thinking out the fallout of them. When they are in place and everything is dismantled, there is no going back. How about seeing what the public wants of us and using that to go to Congress to change the prefunding law? What kind of leader do we have in our PMG who wants to drive the Postal Service into the ground with his cuts? Where the hell are the cuts to the top people in this organization in their jobs, pay and benefits?

It is damn painfull to watch this organization get the cuts and bleed to death as some want. Where is the PMG's energy in asking for the prefunding laws to be changed? :evil:

Yes we are being reduced to be a business that nobody will want to use and we all have no power to stop it.. The "Privateers" will get their way and then people will look back and say we had it good when we had a postal service..
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein
WindowMan

Re: More gutting of the Postal Service service standards..

Postby daisycutter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:19 am

Windowman, Sorry the world has changed over the last ten years. Most of my family could care less about mail delivery anymore. Most pay their bills on line, and receive two or three 1st class letters a WEEK. You can now even receive your favorite magazines on your I-pad, and they look better, and you receive it in a instant. We are becoming a third class mail delivery service, with advertisements the main source of our income now. Parcels are the only growth area for us, and I noticed a big pick up in my office in regard to parcel volume. However management is screwing that up, by leaving parcels sitting around for days, because there's not enough clerks to sought them. So there's a three day lag for many parcels, which rightfully upsets the customer.

I believe we are on a course for five day delivery within a year, and then four, and eventually three day delivery, by 2020. That is why you are seeing the delivery standards changed. Hopefully you took my advice, and are now implementing a course of action, to produce income on the side (especially weekends) You seem to be up to speed on the latest postal info, so there is no excuse for not implementing a course of action! Maybe its time you put on the face mask, get behind the plate, and call some balls and strikes windowman. After all, baseball is a year round sport in sunny Florida!

Here is some info on umpires needed in North florida: http://www.jaxump.com/
daisycutter

Postby WindowMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Any changes in our service standards hurts our image with the public. If you think it will not hurt our business then you basically do not have a damn clue in my opinion. We have mailers who send packages first class like ones who use ebay, small businesses.. Many I see at the window every day who rely on the Postal Service. This is all about destroying the Post Office and we have a PMG who is pushing the buttons to do it. Hell he might as well be Issa as I see no difference in the two to be honest.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein
WindowMan

Postby daisycutter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 pm

window, No doubt it will hurt our business. But with declining 1st class volume, we don't have the revenue to match our costs. Saturday delivery should of been eliminated five years ago, and more TE'S should of been hired so overtime would of been close to zero. Rome is burning and nothing is being done! To many congressman with different agenda's are destroying the USPS flexibility to react fast enough to market conditions!
daisycutter

Postby WindowMan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 am

To me it is amazing the way the Postal Service is being shut down, dismantled with people who can do things about it not saying a phucking thing about it. The silence on this board from former Postal Employees and current ones about it. Our PMG should be fired and our President should be talking about the Postal Service and what he plans to do to make sure it remains a viable part of America. What he plans to do to save the jobs on the chopping block that would not be a good thing for this economy. I am not laying the fault of this soley on him as Congress is basically allowing us to bleed to death without giving the billions in overpayment the Postal Service has made.

Kudos to "Democratic" Congressman Peter DeFazio for speaking his mind on the floor about the Postal Service! http://postalnews.com/postalnewsblog/?p=322

I agree with everything he stated including the silence about our situation from President Obama and the Congress to address the situation. Americans need to put the pressure on to save this institution before it is dismantled with no going back!
Albert Einstein
WindowMan

Postby DazedandConfused » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

3 DAY A WEEK DELIVERY IS THE ONE AND ONLY ANSWER :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Return to Politics