George Floyd

George Floyd

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat May 30, 2020 9:19 pm

I can see why the prosecutor choose to go with manslaughter, because the cops treatment could have well brought on a heart attack. I don't think 3rd degree murder is going to fly. Either way the cop was in the wrong.

Depending on the state, third-degree murder may include felony murder regardless of the underlying felony, felony murder only where the underlying felony is non-violent, or depraved-heart murder. It is punishable by a maximum of 40 years imprisonment in Florida (in the case of a violent career criminal) and Pennsylvania, and 25 years imprisonment in Minnesota.

Manslaughter is a common law legal term for homicide considered by law as less culpable than murder. The distinction between murder and manslaughter is sometimes said to have first been made by the ancient Athenian lawmaker Draco in the 7th century BC.[1

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/breaki ... source=myc
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: George Floyd

Postby DDEATH » Sun May 31, 2020 6:24 am

That cop was so brazen...… he seemed to be looking in the camera as if communicating that I can murder this guy if I phuckin want to. Very disturbing...… he should get the max penalty.

With cameras almost everywhere now, you would think shitz like this wouldn't happen anymore. Dumbarses…….

As usual, the thugs in the crowds take over and the looting starts which does no good for anyone...… but I understand the frustration.
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun May 31, 2020 10:06 am

DDeath, we have all worked with guys we thought weren't wrapped too tight, and could go over the edge. I worked with a guy who was a HIPO, and he was fired from Dade County, Florida because he went overboard. This is the same guy, who while he was talking to the female supervisor saw a cockroach run across his ledge. He killed it with his hand and picked it up and ate it in front of her. There is no way Floyd should have been held on the ground like that since he was already handcuffed. I have heard almost universal disgust with this. Now it looks like he died of a heart problem, so I think this will end up as manslaughter.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Sun May 31, 2020 7:15 pm

We're all in agreement here, period.

Just cut the political crap, investigate, and prosecute if necessary when all the evidence is clear.

All these protesters... More like animals, thugs and trash.

Shit on'em.

WestTX
WestTX

Return to Politics