Same storm......... different boat

Same storm......... different boat

Postby DDEATH » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:29 am

Be kind. ♥️♥️♥️ WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT...
I heard it said that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal: a moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

In some homes a sole occupant faces endless loneliness. In others, family members are getting peace, rest, and time with each other — while in still others, quarantine means an increased danger due to domestic violence.

With the $600 weekly increase in unemployment some are bringing in more money to their households than they were working. Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales.

Some families of 4 just received $3400 from the stimulus while other families of 4 saw $0.

Some were concerned about getting a certain candy for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine.
Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith in God and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey.

Unknown author
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Re: Same storm......... different boat

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 am

Other than not being able to go to Dunkin Donuts with the guys, and boredom of single life, this has had no effect on me. My income is not effected, and I will actually end up ahead once I get the stimulus. I think that in the end it will be the small businesses that really suffer.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:33 am

DazedandConfused wrote:Other than not being able to go to Dunkin Donuts with the guys, and boredom of single life, this has had no effect on me. My income is not effected, and I will actually end up ahead once I get the stimulus. I think that in the end it will be the small businesses that really suffer.

Dazed, we are in the same boat, financially! I agree that small businesses (my daughter) are suffering, but also the millions who are out of work from closed-down large and small businesses, and facing financial disaster!

When and how we open back up, should be a bipartisan issue. I am glad I don’t have to make that decision.

I already donated to my local food bank and will donate more when we get that stimulus check. I hope all who are financially sound, will do the same for the less fortunate.......

Tex, I will donate all of my monthly cherry-pastry allowance to the needy. You’ll have to live on the Texas scones for awhile! :lol:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby vetclerk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks for that post DDeath. We must Imitate the good works , ignore the selfish complainers, defer differences, and stop the blame game.
there is only one who gets the blame ,CHINA
vetclerk

Postby DDEATH » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:14 pm

vetclerk wrote:stop the blame game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:57 pm

vetclerk wrote:Thanks for that post DDeath. We must Imitate the good works , ignore the selfish complainers, defer differences, and stop the blame game.

I am thinking that this goes much deeper than just China, and may include some rather famous people. A Corona Virus may have been combined with SARS and HIV. I have no proof yet, but a certain famous doctor was recorded around 2017 announcing there would be a global pandemic in 2020. If I had to guess I would say it seems like a world wide effort to install Communism as the New World Order. As I say I have no proof other than my own intuition, and certainly the media has been bought and paid for. Even the people I like, Can only swallow half of what they say. :roll: It is a very sad world when they will not report the truth. I can't trust anybody.

On an interesting side note I just read an article on the Black Death, and much of what we are doing today was done then. :roll:
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 pm

DDEATH wrote: ... Tex, I will donate all of my monthly cherry-pastry allowance to the needy. You’ll have to live on the Texas scones for awhile! :lol:

DDeath,

Lemme' tell ya something one time, and one time only. Don't you never offer me a gotdamn scone from any origin or of any make-up! Lord, Jesus Christ -- just gimme' home-made buttermilk based biscuits made from scratch! Scones? HELL NO... I don't like the texture, and them things are too gotdamn sweet. I know folk' who love'em, but not me! I'll pass on the pastries in good faith. Just give'em to deserving local folk' and kids for the pleasure of a treat.

Dazed: I ain't sure what to believe neither, butt I do know that the Chicoms lied, so piss on the Chinese Communist Party. The virus appears to be more rampant than first disclosed, and I'm think'en that alotta folk' have already battled with the strain. I tend to get bronchitis in early to mid-Winter, and this past season was no different. However, I had back to back issues with the shitz, and I had a spastic cough for nearly three months. Oddly enough, my lungs were clear, butt the bronchospastic episodes were a b***h. No, I ain't got assma. I had a couple of rounds of potent antibiotics... My point? Maybe I was battling more than bronchitis.

There are four of us on this forum. Where in the Hell is everyone else? Are we that gotdamn boring or outspoken?

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DDEATH » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am

Dazed, some people are saying Hitler is still alive and his cronies developed Covid-19 to allow fascist nazis to take over the USA!

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... /632275956

Tex, glad you are feeling better! Everyone stay safe......... :D
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:00 am

WestTx, Bronchitis is nothing to play with. I had that once and thought I would cough up a lung. You know that feeling you get when something just does not seem right. That is what I get form this Corona crap. We have no investigative journalists in this country - they all have political agendas. I am tired of them telling me what to think - present the facts without editorializing. Report the truth how that virus came to be and American involvement with China.
DazedandConfused

Postby vetclerk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:14 am

you are correct Dazed... So tired of Main media Blatant bias, and Obvious double-standards, and when they report something that is proven false (which is at least half the time) there is no retraction and no apology because they get a free pass every time. So sad JOURNALISM is dead. Their Mantra is Don't let facts get in the way of a juicy Lie
vetclerk

Next

Return to Politics