BOOMER SOONER

BOOMER SOONER

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:14 am

Oklahoma has a chance at the College Football Playoffs if they can beat a very good 11-1 Baylor team, and either Clemson or Georgia loses. My best hope is that #2 LSU beats the #4 Georgia. 21 years living close to Norman, Ok. made me a Sooner fan. College football is the only sports I watch since my Detroit teams suck.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: BOOMER SOONER

Postby WestTX » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:40 pm

... and least not to forget the former battles between the Longhorns and Sooners!

Do you remember ~40 years ago when the Sooners constantly ran the ball? Talk about running quarterbacks! Both teams were great. Billy Sims and J.C. Watts were all class... Don't forget BIG Earl Campbell from Texas!

I believe Ohio State is the team to beat this year, although Wisconsin might just surprise them today for the conference title (?). Clemson is tuff with their young, long-haired quarterback. They destroyed Alabama last year for the national title. This year's LSU looks good too.

Dazed: Get your arse back in that shingles shot thread. I asked you a question about the potential double-tax on Roth accounts. What in the Hell were you talking about?

WestTX
WestTX

Postby vetclerk » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:40 pm

I PREFER THE BATTLES BETWEEN OKLAHOMA AND NEBRASKA FROM MANY MOONS AGO MY BROTHER WOULD BET ME ...I ALWAYS TOOK NEBRASKA...SOME GREAT GAMES
vetclerk

Postby WestTX » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:32 pm

vetclerk wrote:I PREFER THE BATTLES BETWEEN OKLAHOMA AND NEBRASKA FROM MANY MOONS AGO MY BROTHER WOULD BET ME ...I ALWAYS TOOK NEBRASKA...SOME GREAT GAMES

VetClerk,

Along with Lou Holtz, Tom Osborne was one my favorite and most respected coaches of all time. I believe his career winning percentage is over 80%! Nebraska was great for many years, and those farm boys were hulks for the time period...

Dazed: What a game for today for Baylor vs. Oklahoma. We're in the 4th quarter with a 23-23 tie. Wow...

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:16 am

LSU is the team to beat not Ohio State. The Sooners won and LSU beat Georgia so it should be LSU vs the Sooners, and Ohio vs Clemson. :D
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:09 am

DazedandConfused wrote:LSU is the team to beat not Ohio State. The Sooners won and LSU beat Georgia so it should be LSU vs the Sooners, and Ohio vs Clemson. :D

I'd like to see Oklahoma and Clemson for the title. I was hoping Wisconsin would pull a win out last night, but it didn't happen.

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:22 am

WestTx is will take a supreme effort to get past LSU. Jaylen Hurts has to play like he did at the beginning of the season, and Coaches Lincoln Riley and Grinch have to be on their game :!:
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 am

Dazed,

I missed the games this weekend, but it looks like the showdown will be between two great quarterbacks.

I thought this might be the year for Ohio State, but not so. I did hear Ohio State fans whining about bad calls for this and that, but who knows? I guess folks forgot about Clemson taking it to Ohio State in 2016 (31 - 0). I'll never forget when Clemson took the title in '79 (or '80) against Woody Hayes and the Buckeyes. Steve Fuller was Clemson's QB, and he went on to play for the Chicago Bears as a backup.

I guess you're taking LSU, so I'll take Clemson. DDeath is preparing the food...

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:10 am

WestTx, LSU has everything going for it, and this is a home game for them in New Orleans. Clemson is an odd ball. They play a very weak scheuled and have to fight to get into the playoffs each year. The only thing they do is beat everybody they play.. I am seeing Chicago style pizza you can order by mail. About $115 for 6 pizzas isn't bad. I just love the Little Ceasars personal pan pizza. :!:
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:21 pm

DazedandConfused wrote:WestTx, LSU has everything going for it, and this is a home game for them in New Orleans. Clemson is an odd ball. They play a very weak scheuled and have to fight to get into the playoffs each year. The only thing they do is beat everybody they play.. I am seeing Chicago style pizza you can order by mail. About $115 for 6 pizzas isn't bad. I just love the Little Ceasars personal pan pizza. :!:

Dazed,

Mail order pizzas and Lil' Caesars my arse. :evil: There ain't nuthen butt DDeath's Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza! Maybe we should jest fly to O'Hare and have the old fart pick us up with his Cadi. Otherwise, if we leave soon enuff I can pick you up in my vintage Ford truck and drive to Chicago Land. Jest lemme' know!

I'll tune in AM-890, WLS! ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLu4UVorDSo

:D

WestTX
WestTX

Next

Return to Politics