New 1st Cousin

New 1st Cousin

Postby DazedandConfused » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 am

I had lunch Sunday with a man I believe to be my first cousin. I had DNA done and his daughter came up as a high match for me, and she contacted me. She told me of her father trying to find out who his father was. He had his DNA done a short time later and came up 2nd only to my own daughter as a match. After as much detective work as we could do including any relative in the Detroit area I could reach only one conclusion that my younger uncle was his father. I welcomed Tony into my family yesterday.

Tony is 1/2 white, and his wife is a former runner up to Miss Michigan. I had a great time with them, and of course we ate Italian. He is a humble man who has a home in Detroit and a condo in Orlando. He showed me a picture of him and his wife when they were young and he was quite the dude, maybe even rivaling WestTx LOL. He had a broken childhood because his mother was totally irresponsible, and never told any of the children who their father was. He said she had her first child at 12 and would just dump them off with family. He was raised by his grandmother. When shown a picture of my uncle Burt his family remembers him visiting their house. I invited him to see my family tree, which will take him back to 1596 just on my surname, and much further to 1389 on relatives.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: New 1st Cousin

Postby WestTX » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Holy shitz, Dazed! :lol:

You know, you've got some lineage now to the Negro Clan. Welcome to the family, but I'd always take you as a brother anyway.

All things aside, and seriously to boot... My family tree is very dark (black), with strong ties to West Africa (Benin and Togo). I can probably thank Ghana for transporting my family members to Virginia and North Carolina. My near immediate family trek'ed to Texas as a passage from manumission prior to the Civil War ~ 1845 - 1850. And yes, my family was loyal to the American South for whatever reason.

Thank you for welcoming this humble man. Least we never forget an act of kindness.

I do have one question. Would you be offended if I were to dress-up in White Face? Just a thought...

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:26 am

WestTx - hell no I wouldn't be offended unless you called me late for dinner. My new cousin has done quite well for himself, especially considering how irresponsible his mother was. I could see what it meant for him to meet somebody from his fathers side of the family. On his way back to Detroit he may stop and visit my 1st cousin once removed ( my cousins child). She really helped get the ball rolling, and has been in contact with Tony and his daughter. There are only 7 other living relatives that I know of. I suggested he not contact them, not because of racism, but they are just nuts. I told him if he was going to contact anyone it should be my youngest sister, a retired teacher in Detroit. She has the most stories to tell him.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:36 am

Dazed, sure is nice to find lost relatives. Genealogy is very interesting. My mother's side (one branch), arrived in Massachusetts in about 1648. My father's side was traced back to 1700's Virginia and spread to Tennessee, Kentucky, and then southern Illinois where my father was born.

I had ancestors on both sides in the Civil War. My paternal great-grandfather was a sergeant in the Illinois CalvaIry that made a famous raid into Mississippi in 1863, and was the inspiration for the John Wayne movie: the Horse Soldiers.

One paternal ancestor was in the Tennessee volunteers and was defending Nashville where a Wisconsin regiment Colonel (maternal side) fought against them!

One distant cousin was the main character in the movie, Hacksaw Ridge.

The interesting thing about ancestors is: we all had 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, etc. 10 generations back, we had 1024 ancestors. It took many years and many people to make us, and we almost all are related to someone famous! :idea:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 pm

DDeath, I have not really proven a relationship to anyone famous yet. I have some questionable ones that I have to research, and show as British royalty, but I will believe it when I can prove it. I have 7700 people in my tree. My favorite is 2nd Lord Livingston, Full & Natural Idiot, debarred from marriage, died without issue 1454-1505.
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 am

DDEATH wrote:... and we almost all are related to someone famous! :idea:

I might be related to Thomas Jefferson. No, I don't think so. I see you as 100% Scots-Irish.

Were you in MO for your vacation, or did I have the city wrong?

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DDEATH » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 am

Yeah Tex. We stayed 4 nights in Branson. I recommend everyone go there for the scenery and shows. It was our first time and we enjoyed a SIXTIES show, Liverpool legends, and Dolly Parton Stampede. All spectacular! Would go again because there are more than 30 different shows; but we’ve had our fill of driving that far....... 550 miles each way. :o
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby WestTX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:38 pm

DDEATH wrote:Yeah Tex. ... but we’ve had our fill of driving that far... 550 miles each way. :o

I'm not thrilled driving long-haul miles anymore. My arse flattens, and I get leg cramps, along with constipation. It ain't pretty. You must have some tuff hide on that arse of yours!

I'm pulling for the Bears tonight over them Deadskins. I'll never forget your '85 team. Do you remember the starting quarterback for the first half of the season? Steve Fuller from Clemson came in for Jim Mac'M, the BYU Morman (I think), because of injuries. Fuller was a great quarterback. Willie Gault was a world-class sprinter, and the Frig... Holy Shitz! Richard Dent... Gary Fencik - the brightest free safety I've seen.

:lol:

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:31 pm

I got a message from Tony's daughter that his son died Monday, and he was found Wednesday. I talked to Tony and he believes it was drugs, and he was on a Fullbright Scholarship - age 33. Tony's wife suffered a mild heart attack when she got the news. Apparently he was distraught over a divorce.
DazedandConfused

Return to Politics