GOAT

GOAT

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:33 pm

I suggest that Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest athlete of all time, and hell yes he is better than Michael Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqN1nQLByy4
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: GOAT

Postby DDEATH » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:25 am

Nice punt! :lol:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby WestTX » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 am

Dazed,

Leave no doubt... Listen to this entertaining clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QqLxebQgMU

Wilt did pay Jordan top tributes, but he really respected Magic Johnson and John Stockton, and that says a lot...

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Chamberlain was very intelligent and funny. In Wilt we saw someone that may never come around again. The height combined, with the strength, combined with the speed made him unstoppable. He heaped accolades on Jordan, but I saw both play and Chamberlain was dominant. I am 70 and I have never seen an athlete that could compete with Chamberlain.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:26 am

Wilt is very intelligent and funny! Comparing the great athletes is like comparing apples to oranges to watermelon. We all have our favorites. :D

GO LOYOLA!
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:07 pm

I am not territorial, I was from Detroit, and I never saw anybody in any sport that was as good as Wilt. I can't even think of anybody else that comes close, not even Bo Jackson.
DazedandConfused

Postby WestTX » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm

DDeath: Yes, GO Loyola! Those Midwest Jesuit schools have great records for basketball - Marquette, DePaul, Loyola and Notre D.

Dazed: Bo was great in baseball and football. Do you remember the Monday Night game back around 1987 (?) when he ran over Bosworth? The great, Earl Campbell ran over players too... I'll never forget Earl with the Texas Longhorns battling your great Oklahoma Sooners!

DDeath: That 1985 Chicago Bears team was nothing less than great. I credit their second string quarterback (the unknown Steve Fuller, a great from Clemson) for winning the first seven or eight games (?) during that season. Willie Gault was a world class sprinter... As a side note, John Riggins from the Washington Redskins was another great sprinter at fullback (running over people), and few people probably know that. He was a great 100M sprinter at Kansas (I believe)!

Just a few reflections was times past. I'll brag a lil' bit in that I was a good 400M sprinter during my younger years, especially when I was running after one of your cherry pastries!

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DazedandConfused » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:38 am

Arnold said he is the strongest man he has seen. Wilt was over 7 foot, 300 lbs, bench pressed 600 lbs., ran the 100 hundred in 9.4, high jumped 6'6". THAT COMBINATION MAY NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN. The GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:42 am

I'd have to go with the decathletes......... they have to be outstanding in almost 10 events. My favorite was Bruce Jenner, until he became a heshe. Now I switch channels when she(?) is on! :roll:
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:47 pm

DDeath, I didn't mention Chamberlain also did the shot put and long jump. Wilt was a freak of nature like none I have seen.
DazedandConfused

Return to Politics