Fed Tax

Fed Tax

Postby DDEATH » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 am

Just checked my OPM CSR statement for February 1.

Tax withholding has dropped by $61 a month.

That is $732 per year, which I assume is the approximate, yearly tax cut for me.

I will put it all in my grandkids' accounts......... as they will eventually have to pay it back to the government! :(
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Re: Fed Tax

Postby DazedandConfused » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:02 am

How many times has your withholding equaled your tax? That is not your tax savings.

http://taxplancalculator.com/
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 am

The tax calculator just came out to be $746. That’s pretty darn close to what my withholding dropped by........ :idea:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby WestTX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 am

DDEATH wrote: .... as they will eventually have to pay it back to the government! :(

Gotdamit!

Have you met with an attorney and set up trust funds for your grandchildren? You can legally protect what you've worked hard for!

These Dems are over the edge. Marx is arse-up in his grave breathing in a new wave of liberalism.

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DDEATH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Tex, I already have accounts for my seven grandkids, that I will add to.

How many times did we hear Trump bemoan the 20 trillion dollar debt.......... but not a peep since he took office. Hmmmm, I wonder why. :roll:

I wonder what Marx thought when he saw Trump frolicking in the Oval Office with those Ruskie commies? I bet old Ronny Reagan rolled over, a time or two! :lol:
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:03 pm

DDeath, I forgot you are in a high tax state. Mine is never less than $1300.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 am

My CSR is not taxable in Illinois and I pay no state income tax. :)
DDEATH

Postby WestTX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:19 am

DDEATH wrote:My CSR is not taxable in Illinois and I pay no state income tax. :)

DDeath,

Like me, you're just an old dawg!

How does Illinois generate state revenue without an income tax? No sarcasm intended, but aren't there problems? Texas is another story, and we're fortunate...

I remember many years ago when Illinois was considered the financial hub for the Midwest, and I've always liked Chicago. Times change..., but I'll never forget AM-89, WLS!

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DDEATH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:25 am

Tex, Illinois does have an income tax, but like about a dozen other states, our CSR is exempt. :)

Chicago is still the financial hub of the Midwest, as far as I know.

Yes, Illinois is in deep debt. I'm hoping for a progressive income tax to be passed, and pull us out of debt like California did. :idea:

I think WLS has turned into a talk station and I haven't listened to it in years.
DDEATH

Postby WestTX » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 am

DDEATH wrote:Tex, Illinois does have an income tax, but like about a dozen other states, our CSR is exempt. :)

Chicago is still the financial hub of the Midwest, as far as I know.

Yes, Illinois is in deep debt. I'm hoping for a progressive income tax to be passed, and pull us out of debt like California did. :idea:

I think WLS has turned into a talk station and I haven't listened to it in years.

OK, I got it... Thanks, and it's good for many that Federal pensions are excluded from some state income taxes.

My thoughts are that progressive taxes drive residents out of the state(s) over the long run. I know California has seen many departures into Nevada, and Oregon and Washington will face the same fate. California may eventually become the haven for illegals and other third world despots (Jerry Brown and others), then maybe the entire left coast will drift afar into the Pacific. My days in California are long gone with better memories.

Yes, on WLS and their talk radio status. I listen to them sometime over the web. I remember WCFL too... Both stations had booming signals nation-wide.

I gotta go take my morning walk. I do a 5-miler,, then come home and have my bacon, eggs and grits!

WestTX
WestTX

Next

Return to Politics