HERE I GO AGAIN

HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:06 pm

A pretty good raise at work has me wondering whether to stay 3 years or longer, increase my high 3 for both work and social security, and reduce my WEP. It would also add 3 more years to my state retirement. I was all set to retire at the end of this year and I lost 40 lbs and got my second wind. I plan to start taking MRD in 2018 (just because I can) so my income will be pretty good if I do work. I don't have any hobbies so work is sort of my hobby. I am having a minor foot operation to fix a wandering 2nd toe that is trying to mount my big toe. After that I fully intend to join the YMCA for real, doing walking, light weight training , Yoga and Tai Chi.

Silly question that crossed my mind while doing my retirement spreadsheets. If a person drawing retirement is sent away to prison what happens to the retirement. I can never turn my mind off. This sort of crap goes through my mind all day.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby WestTX » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Dazed,

Sounds like whatever you do is good for you. Mindset...

40 pounds? Lord Have Mercy! I stay fit with daily walks (3 - 5 miles) and calisthenics. Calisthenics have been with me since high school track and military days. My weight doesn't vary much. I ride +/- 165 pounds consistently. I eat well too, believe it or not. A North Carolina diet of all the food groups (fats included) sets well with me. I ain't BS'en' with Geezer neither when I talk bout' "our" common eat'en habits! Yep, genes are a factor too. I don't smoke or drink. I found out early in life that the spirits give mean roll-overs with the shitz! My gut don't like it, and I guess my liver appreciates the avoidance.

Well, at some point I'll own up that life can be a bitch, then I'll die.

WestTX
WestTX

Postby DDEATH » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Dazed you’re trying to get that higher annuity....... it’s kind of like the horse chasing that carrot, you can never get it. I say just pull the plug, because we all have only so many years left to enjoy.

I was kind of pushed out at age 58, and glad I was. :D
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 pm

DDeath, I worry about boring myself to death. I have come to the conclusion that since I don't have any hobbies at age 70 I probably never will have, and that work is actually my hobby, and I get paid for it. ;)
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Postby DDEATH » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:24 am

DazedandConfused wrote:DDeath, I worry about boring myself to death. I have come to the conclusion that since I don't have any hobbies at age 70 I probably never will have, and that work is actually my hobby, and I get paid for it. ;)

Dazed, if that's the case..........keep on keeping on! :D
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Return to Politics