THUCYDIDES TRAP

THUCYDIDES TRAP

Postby DazedandConfused » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

The idea that conflict between a rising and a dominant power is the norm, rather than the exception, has been cited by both Chinese and U.S. officials. Does awareness of the Thucydides Trap on the part of both governments increase the odds that their countries can avoid war? Or, on the contrary, could it lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy?
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: THUCYDIDES TRAP

Postby GEEZER » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 am

Does awareness of the Thucydides Trap on the part of both governments increase the odds that their countries can avoid war?
What an interesting question...and could be argued from many different angles. Got a little tickled reading and informing myself on what
that subject even pertained to...and was amazed how much "brainpower" had been exhausted in all the opinions, considerations, etc to pose
the question in the context of nations against each other. I guess that's how people make a living in the educational system by seeming they are so
much smarter than the normal working class people.
All they need do to "get" the answer to such a question is wake up and watch the dogs, or bears, rams and any other wildlife.
Instead of trying to overthink the subject, I will revert to a ucanit style answer....The "thinkers" are spending too much time "outthinkng" each other for
the title of "deepest thinker"....when in reality it all comes down to SEX. If the confrontation is between male leaders, it's about extending you GENES (power),
survival of your way of life....It's called testosterone poisoning! It's the power to BREED. The BIG DOG gets the bitch, and gets the peace, time to heal and to prepare for the next big dog that will eventually show up to challenge for the right to be the BIG DOG, and screw all those that had a pair big enough to challenge :lol: :lol:

Go to any nightclub and watch it play out week in and week out...It's the "right to breed"...there is always someone that wants to challenge the status quo and shake up who "always gets the girl".....and at what point the challenger for the power decides to either go for it or give up, and what level the current leader is willing to protect his "bitches"....the leader will either stand and defend or tuck tail and run, and the challenger will now be the new leader.

So war CAN always avoided, men think it's because because someone "thought better of it"..and that may be true, but only to a point.
HOWEVER......the challenger will ALWAYS think, in his testosterone poisoned mind, that he won because of the weakness of the other..and the only true way to
settle the matter, if for the current BIG DOG to stomp the crap out of the NEW PUP....testosterone usually decides the "pecking order". :lol: :lol: ;)

ucanit said......EVERYTHING IN LIFE, COMES DOWN TO PASSING ON ONES OWN GENES, AND ASSURING ANY CHALLENGE FOR THOSE RIGHTS IT MET, UNTIL ONE IS NO LONGER ABLE TO DEFEND THOSE "RIGHTS". ;)

SO ....that question is answered best this way
Is the gain worth the gamble? Is MY performance gonna result in me ending up as the "screwer, or the screwee"? :shock:

SOOOOOOOO...............................................ucanit it was ....................just sayin'.................................................... ;)
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The British Soldier.
3. The Canadian Soldier.
4. The US Soldier, and
5. The Australian Soldier
GEEZER

Postby WestTX » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Damn, cuz that's some heavy thought and talk'en, seriously now!

Lemme' ask you boys a question... Is Harvey as ugly from the hair on his face as the hair is on my mule's arse? I swear to Gawd that my mule's arse looks nicer, cuz the coat of hair is always clean and nicely groomed!

This is one ugly POS:

Hillary Has a Wet Spot for Harvey.jpg
Hillary Has a Wet Spot for Harvey.jpg (77.95 KiB) Viewed 105 times

WestTX
WestTX

Postby GEEZER » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Hilary and Harvey have something in common.
He wanted to do to every good looking woman, what Hilary wanted, and still wants to do to all of US :!:
:lol:

........................................................................................just sayin'................................................................ ;)
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The British Soldier.
3. The Canadian Soldier.
4. The US Soldier, and
5. The Australian Soldier
GEEZER

Postby DDEATH » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

[quote="GEEZER"]Hilary and Harvey have something in common.
He wanted to do to every good looking woman, what Hilary wanted, and still wants to do to all of us. quote]

......... and what Trump is doing now, to all of us! :lol:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Return to Politics