GOAT

GOAT

Postby DazedandConfused » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Somebody at work said that Garth Brooks was the Greatest country singer of all time. I countered that they never heard the string of country hits that Ray Charles put out in the 60s.

Everybody wants to crown Michael Jordon or Lebron James as the GOAT, but I remember Wilt Chamberlain too well.

Wayne Gretzky agrees with me that Gordie Howe was the Goat.

Barry Sanders was the GOAT for running backs.

Willie Mays was the MLB GOAT.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Re: GOAT

Postby GEEZER » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Somebody at work said that Garth Brooks was the Greatest country singer of all time.
The most ludicrous statement I ever heard. He puts on a show, that is not what I spend my money on for a concert.
George Strait has more talent in his little toe than Garth could even dream.
Brooks in a list of talent would be somewhere down between 25-50.
Running around on stage is not a musical talent, except to the "drunks".
I could easily list a ton better and never even include the women. Gill, Strait, and dozens of l others have better voices,
and....perform much better quality music (one factor most don't consider)
One thing positive about Brooks, he has been performing longer than a lot of others.
The Crazy Drunks are his biggest fan base and most of his fans are loyal, tone deaf, musically uneducated, but loyal :D .
Maybe greatest "showman" in country music or (performer), but not best musician or singer.. and no where near most "talented".

..................................................................................just saying................................................................ ;)
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The British Soldier.
3. The Canadian Soldier.
4. The US Soldier, and
5. The Australian Soldier
GEEZER

Postby DDEATH » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:46 am

I like Willie Nelson as my male, country music goat, followed closely by George Jones. There are too many great female C&W singers to make a pick.

Being a Chicagoan, MJ is my favorite........ along with Gale Sayers and Bobby Hull.

The baseball goat for me was the Babe. He not only hit a lot of HRs in the dead ball era.......... he was an outstanding pitcher in his early years, and between innings could down a few beers at the local pub!

Dazed, you know I'm stretching with Bobby Hull!

We all know what opinions are like....... :lol:
Def: FOXBOT - One who mindlessly watches FOX News and believes everything they say, totally disregarding logic and the obvious.
DDEATH

Postby DazedandConfused » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 am

DDeath, Bobby Hull the Golden Jet was great. Watching Willie Mays and Wilt Chamberlain tainted me. Gordie Howe and Chamberlain were the two who could totally dominate the game. You always knew when they were playing.
"The whole reason welfare and foodstamps exist, is so those that are receiving won't be rioting in the street,
and breaking into our houses and killing us to get what they want." UCanIt
DazedandConfused

Return to Politics